Check out our list of virtual performances, exercises and activities to explore every day this month.
Arts / Culture
1. Google Arts & Culture experience released a digital Blob Opera where you can explore and create your own song! Launch the experiment here.
2. Costume designer Ruth E. Carter walks us through her career in costume design for feature films “School Daze,” “B.A.P.S.,” “Do the Right Thing,” “Selma,” “Malcolm X,” “Black Panther” and “Coming 2 America.”
3. DW Classical music presented a roundup style video of famous composers. Get lost in this Opera gala video featuring international stars like Ingeborg Gillebo, Robin Johannsen and Simone Kermes.
4. Looking to switch up the visuals while you’re working out? Take a 4K virtual hike through the Canadian forest and explore the beauty of British Columbia right from your home.
5. The British Museum has launched a new interactive page where you can explore how art is connected through time. Click around and enjoy!
6. Although the San Diego Zoo remains closed due to COVID-19, their live webcams up and running for your enjoyment! Watch tigers, polar bears, penguins and more here.
7. Explore the Google Arts & Culture LIFE photos collection and find archive images from the golden age of Hollywood to international collections from multiple countries.
8. The Tate museum offers spin painting, collaging a Matisse snail and so much more. Explore kid-friendly activities like this soap carving class or learn how to make a unicorn puppet.
Live Performances / Interviews
9. Have you had a chance to watch the new feature film, “Minari“? Watch this Q&A with cast members Lee Isaac Chung, Steven Yeun, Yeri Han, Yuh-Jung Youn, Alan Kim and Noel Cho.
10. Watch Jim Parsons break down his iconic roles with Vanity Fair.
11. SAG-AFTRA Foundation continues their influential series “Conversations at Home” with recent guests James Corden discussing “The Prom,” Lakeith Stanfield, Dominique Fishback and Daniel Kaluuya on “Judas and the Black Messiah,” Sarah Paulson on “Ratched“ and many more.
12. Check out this BTS video of what 8 Disney Live-Action remakes look like from the other side of the lens. Then, dive into the Marvel edition here.
13. Have you caught “Soul” on Disney+? Learn more and go behind the scenes with interviews from Jamie Foxx, Tina Fey and more.
14. NPR music’s Tiny Desk Concert continues! Performances by Jazmine Sullivan, Chloe x Halle and Dua Lipa are now available.
15. The cast of “Dazed and Confused“ reunited for a virtual table read. Make sure to catch up on the cult classic here.
16. Netflix Is A Joke shared a 5-minute video of the best and funniest moments of Maya Rudolph. Check it out here!
17. Get inspired by this Ted Talk featuring Adam Driver, as he shares his journey joining the Marine Core and finding his passion in acting.
18. Sam Jones of The Off Camera Show hosts a series of interviews with influential actors and celebrities from the likes of Ethan Hawke, Thandie Newton and many more.
19. Can’t get enough virtual performances while you’re stuck at home? Watch this performance from the “Mamma Mia“ West End cast.
20. The West End’s “Come From Away” presented a virtual live event back in July of 2020. Dive in here.
21. Check out this discussion between Viola Davis and Tom Hanks on the industry and more presented by Variety.
22. Love improvisation? Watch this video of how 25 Marvel actors went totally off-script!
Exercise / Meditation
23. The Body Project released a 30-minute fat burning work out you can do from home. This one is great for beginners and has multiple levels of difficulty.
24. Headspace offers some excellent free videos on YouTube to decompress, meditate and unwind. Make sure to check out their collection of videos here.
25. Enjoy the calming noises of a sound bath? Try this sound bath and drift to sleep with peaceful sounds.
26. Jumping jacks, planks, supermans, pike push-ups — if this sounds like your kind of workout, BullyJuice is here for you. Try this no equipment 10-minute morning workout here.
27. Feeling stiff? Try this total-body stretch, great for beginners, brought to you by AskDoctorJo’s YouTube channel.
28. Cardio workout alert! Jump into this GroupHIIT workout with 40-second and 20-second intervals. There is no background music so you can jam to the song of your choice!
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for breaking industry news and exclusive offers!