It’s important during this time to stay productive, entertained and engaged. We’re providing you with a mixture of live performances, exercises, and fun virtual activities to explore throughout the month of September.
Arts / Culture
1. Google Arts & Culture allows us to explore the world from our homes. Get lost virtually exploring the Guggenheim Museum in New York. Once you’ve completed that tour, jump over to the Musée d’Orsay in Paris, France, which currently houses multiple paintings from Vincent van Gogh.
4. Want to learn how to make a homemade carbonara? Three chefs prepare their favorite carbonara dishes in this YouTube video.
10. Watch The Hollywood Reporter’s Comedy Actresses Roundtable featuring talent Jameela Jamil, Amy Sedaris, Robin Thede, Tiffany Haddish and Elle Fanning. In case you missed last year’s Comedy Actress Roundtable, watch the full video here.
11. Looking for a dance class? Cast members from McOnie company’s ‘Jekyll and Hyde’ have held three live dance classes featuring choreography from the show.
12. VIRTUAL EVENT ALERT! Actors Pro Expo NYC/LA is holding a virtual 3-day-event for actors. Find the full agenda including guest speakers here.
13. Comic-Con@Home 2020 shared some amazing panels from their virtual event this year. Make sure to catch cast and creatives from ‘What We Do in the Shadows’ here.
14. In July, BAFTA Guru presented video interviews featuring casting directors from ‘Sex Education,’ ‘Chernobyl,’ ‘Giri/Haji’ and more.
16. Catch this special performance of the 1989 original cast of ‘Into the Woods.’ The video includes performances from Broadway legends Bernadette Peters, Joanna Gleason, Chip Zien and more.
17. The Royal Opera House aired a live Masterclass on August 20th with conductor and pianist Antonio Pappano.
18. Get lost in one of the most memorable live concerts in history! Watch this Queen performance from the Live Aid Concert in 1985.
19. Watch this special, recorded by Oslo Philharmonic in January 2019, of Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9. Make sure to follow their YouTube channel to watch numerous performances from the comfort of your home.
21. Dan Levy and Kieran Culkin join the series ‘Variety Studios: Actors on Actors’ #AtHome. During this discussion, Dan and Kieran discuss the similarities between their shows ‘Schitt’s Creek’ and ‘Succession.’
22. Throughout quarantine, The Actors Fund has teamed up with ‘Schitt’s Creek’ star Emily Hampshire to develop a weekly live-streamed talk show #HumpdayWithHampshire! If you haven’t caught up, make sure to binge watch and see some of your favorite stars – Laverne Cox, Candice Patton, Eugene Levy and more!
23. Entertainment Weekly aired a panel with ‘The Umbrella Academy’ cast. Watch this 30+ minute special on YouTube.
24. Join the virtual table read of feature comedy ‘Invisible’ (written by Laura Carson & Krista Gano), benefiting The Will Rogers Pioneers Foundation and The Actors Fund here.
Exercise & Meditation
28. Hoping to give your vocals a warmup? Check out the Collective Creative Initiative. They offer multiple free classes for performers across the world, including custom vocal exercises with Musical Director, composer and vocal coach Arlene McNaught.
29. In goop Health: The Sessions brings a special hour special featuring Gwyneth Paltrow and Cameron Diaz in conversation. Gwyneth also conducted an interview with Kerry Washington on staying mentally and emotionally fit.