It’s important this year to stay productive, entertained and engaged. We’re providing you with a mixture of live performances, exercises, and fun virtual activities to explore throughout the month of October.
Arts / Culture
2. Make sure to watch Tia Mowry and her brothers fix a quick and simple Beef Stroganoff for #TiaMowrysQuickFix series. Tia also has a great Mac and Cheese recipe right in time for Thanksgiving next month.
3. Goodful’s YouTube Channel has a series with Personal Chef Erica Adler, who specializes in meal prep. Watch her meal prep for a whole week in under 90 minutes, 5 days of gluten-free food and a vegetarian meal prep too.
4. This live feed is from Maui, Hawaii, and shows the beauty of the ocean waves and you just may spot a Humpback Whale!
5. Looking to make something new? This recipe for Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls looks delicious. Thank you, Marion’s Kitchen!
7. Bon Appétit has given us a massive guide to tomatoes. Here is Every Way to Cook a Tomato, which shows 47 different methods.
9. If you’re looking to enjoy the beach virtually, the City of Deerfield Beach has an underwater camera in Florida. Watch the ocean and marine life swim past!
11. Entertainment Weekly spoke to Angela Bassett, Wanda Sykes, Dan Levy, Maya Rudolph, Giancarlo Esposito and Ramy Youssef on being multi-nominated Emmy contenders.
13. Grab your tissues! Here is the final table read for “The Good Place.”
14. Disney Parks has added a one-hour video of their own Disney Cruise Line’s “Tangled: The Musical” performance! Enjoy from the comfort of your home.
16. Vanity Fair has an on-going series of interviews with actors where they break down the timeline of their careers. Joseph Gordon-Levitt walks throuh his career from “10 Things I Hate About You” to “Inception.” You can binge more videos, including Kristen Bell and Terry Crews.
17. If you’ve been binging the National Theatre performances, make sure to circle to their YouTube channel for National Theatre at Home: Things to Do, featuring fun virtual quizzes with some the UK’s most beloved stage performers.
18. Comic-Con 2020 is the gift that keeps giving. Catch the panel discussion for “The Boys” currently on Amazon Prime, then jump to HBO’s “Lovecraft Country” discussion featuring actors Jonathan Majors, Jurnee Smollett, Courtney B. Vance as well as the series showrunner and executive producer Misha Green.
19. In case you missed The Hollywood Reporter’s full Drama Actors Roundtable last month featuring Patrick Stewart, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Daveed Diggs, make sure to catch up now. After you finish, circle to the full Comedy Actors Roundtable with Ricky Gervais, Kumail Nanjiani, Kenan Thompson and Dan Levy.
20. In July, the cast of “Parent Trap” got together virtually to raise money for José Andrés’ World Central Kitchen, a non-profit organization. Make sure to watch the reunion here!
21. In order to raise awareness and relief for #BeAnArtsHero, the cast of RENT and Arts Workers from around the nation joined together virtually for a touching performance of “Will I” from “Rent.”
22. Back in August, Pop TV and Jennifer Garner interviewed the “Schitt’s Creek” cast.
23. Twenty-five years after its initial release, the cast of “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie” reunits, including stars Steve Cardenas, Karan Ashley and more!
24. If you’re watched the EPIC finale of Raised by Wolves on HBOMax, then tune into this Q&A Conversations at Home with the cast and creator Aaron Guzikowski, presented by the SAG-AFTRA Foundation.
Exercise & Meditation
27. New to meditation? Goodful has a new 10-minute meditation exercise for beginners.
29. FITSEVENELEVEN is a great channel for high energy dance workouts. Get your sweat on with this 25 minute workout which focuses on burning calories.
30. Monthly, POPSUGAR Fitness provides top quality content and workouts for their users. Here is a 30-Minute Dance workout – guaranteed to burn 300 calories!
31. Healing Vibrations has a calming morning sound bath for the heart! Great for meditation, anxiety, fear and sleep.