With this year coming to an end, it’s important to stay productive, entertained and engaged.
We’re providing you with a mixture of live performances, exercises, and fun virtual activities to explore throughout the month of November.
Arts / Culture
1. The Montclair Art Museum has great virtual tour options, allowing you to dive into numerous exhibits and notable artist discussions.
2. Check out the recipe for savory corn fritters here!
3. The National Museum of Natural History is closed for in-person visits, but they have a wide variety of videos and voice recordings online displaying some of their current, past and permanent exhibits. Check them out here!
4. Time to get crafty with these 10 fun indoor activities.
5. Festive fall cocktail alert! Check out this recipe for the “Black Widow Smash,” which looks divine.
6. The San Antonio Zoo is offering virtual tours and behind-the-scenes videos with a member of their wildlife family. You can join tours with rhinos, okapi, hippos, and their oldest resident, the Aldabra Tortoise!
7. Looking for some new skills in the kitchen? Learn how to cook Jamie Oliver’s Cashew Butter Chicken.
10. Catch this recent performance by the Foo Fighters for Save Our Stages Fest, filmed from Troubadour in Los Angeles, CA. Many more performances to catch if you search the hashtag #SOSFEST on YouTube.
11. The SAG-AFTRA foundation has published numerous virtual discussions in 2020, including this epic Q&A with Jahi Di’Allo Winston, Will Catlett and Teyonah Parris of the 2020 Film, “Charm City Kings.”
12. Watch “PEN15” stars Maya Erskine and Anna Konkle discuss real-life inspirations for their show for The Hollywood Reporter’s #InStudio series.
13. Dive into the world of Opera with this iconic 3-hour performance of LA BOHÈME, performed by the Orchestra Filarmonica Italiana.
15. For anyone who finished the series last month, watch the 2020 Comic-Con panel discussion for “Lovecraft Country” featuring the cast of the HBO series including Jurnee Smollett, Jonathan Majors, Michael Kenneth Williams, Aunjanue Ellis, Wunmi Mosaku, Abbey Lee and Courtney B. Vance.
17. Interested in a career in casting? Curious how you get involved? Check out this new series “How I got into Casting,” published by the Casting Directors Association. The first two installments feature UK-based casting directors Tree Petts and Jody Furlong.
18. Are you a fan of “Mean Girls?” This is the month for you! First, watch the “Mean Girls” reunion as Tina Fey, Katie Couric and the cast reunite for the first time since the movie’s premiere in 2004. Then, check out Tina Fey quizzing Mariah Carey on her “Mean Girls“ knowledge. Mariah knows her stuff!
19. This is an interview to check out, if you’ve been a fan of the HBO Max series, “Raised By Wolves.” Here, the creator Aaron Guzikowski answers numerous questions by viewers. Then, watch the lead actress Amanda Collins in an exclusive interview on her role here with In Creative Company.
20. From the feature film “300” to “Law Abiding Citizen,” watch Gerard Butler break down his career with Vanity Fair.
21. The cast of “Archer” presented a special table read in September, to raise awareness for the ACLU Foundation. Make sure to see the cast and creators read Season 3, Episode 5: “El Contador” virtually.
23. In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, Variety held a virtual talk with John Leguizamo, Stephanie Beatriz, Benjamin Bratt and more on representation in the entertainment industry. Watch some of the discussion here.
Exercise & Meditation
25. Join Move With Nicole and take part in this 30-minute at-home Pilates workout.
26. De-stress with this 20-minute calming yoga routine, presented by MadFit.
28. Looking for an easy workout from home, no equipment required? Look no further, as POPSUGAR Fitness has a 30-Minute No-Equipment Cardio Kickboxing Workout.
29. Rebel Human has a calming sound bath available on YouTube, which is great to listen to or watch before bedtime for relaxation.
30. Choreographer and dance fitness instructor, Joseph Corella presents a 15-Minute Broadway dance workout for all ages and dance levels. After that 15 minute workout, make sure to check out his Cardio Dance to “Hairspray!”