Ready for a deep dive into some new activities for the month of April? Keep reading to check out our list of virtual performances and interviews, blood-pumping exercises and activities to explore every day this month online.
Arts / Culture
1. We said deep dive, and we mean it! Here are 9 famous artists’ studios available for viewing via Google Arts and Culture. From Frida Kahlo’s home and studio to Salvador Dali extended fisherman’s hut, this is one to look into.
2. Hoping to explore this month? Why not see the half dome summit at Yosemite? You can do it all via their virtual tour.
3. Learn while playing with the game What Came First? The faster you play, the more points you receive with facts from historical moments to pop culture facts.
5. Looking for new fun activities? Dig into the Cultural Crossword which includes questions on famous artists, painters, singers and much more. Note: there are clues!
6. Curious what it’s like behind-the-scenes of a riveting opera performance? Check out the Metropolitan Opera House’s behind-the-scenes of Turandot as stage managers Raymond Menard and Terry Ganley explain their responsibilities and what goes on behind the curtain.
7. What does it mean to fail, and how can it lead to success? In this podcast episode by the Tate, Lubaina Himid, Akram Khan and many more reflect on failures and how they can inspire for the future.
8. Tune in and fall in love with the Royal College of Music performance of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s much-loved comic opera, The Marriage of Figaro.
Live Performances / Interviews
9. Did you catch the award-nominated Minari? Make sure to circle back to this Q&A with Director Lee Isaac Chung, J.J. Abrams and the star of the feature film, Steven Yeun!
10. Table reads are back! Check out this virtual DuckTales series finale table read featuring actors Ben Schwartz, Danny Pudi, Bobby Moynihan, Kate Micucci, Beck Bennett, Toks Olagundoye and Paget Brewster.
11. The Off Camera Show with Sam Jones is one to subscribe to on YouTube, so you don’t miss influential artists discuss their craft and all things “off-camera.” To start, why not see Aubrey Plaza discuss being typecast, Don Cheadle on bravery and much more!
12. Do not miss this FULL actors roundtable Close Up, presented by The Hollywood Reporter and featuring this month’s panel Ben Affleck, Steven Yeun, Delroy Lindo, Sacha Baron Cohen and John David Washington.
14. The iconic Golden Globes winner Chloe Zhao spoke virtually with Barry Jenkins about collaborations, her award-winning film Nomadland and much more.
15. Harper’s Bazaar released a video starring Alan S. Kim and Yuh-Jung Youn from Minari, answering all our burning questions. Check it out!
16. In this clip, accent expert Amy Walker breaks down iconic vocal performances from movies Fargo to The Departed.
17. Curious about How to Make it in Hollywood? Luckily we have David Harbour, Darren Criss, Alexis Bledel and many more in this clip to tell us how.
18. Check out this interview with Chris Rock and Fortune Feimster, where they discuss being a comedian during the pandemic.
19. The Metropolitan Youth Symphony brings it during this melodic virtual performance of Brahms, Hungarian Dance No. 5, which premiered at MYS’s online gala back in 2020.
20. YouTube Movies has a few titles available for free without purchase, including Making Waves! If you’re hoping to dig into the art of cinematic sound and learn some aspect of cinema through film clips, interviews, and footage – then this is for you!
22. Variety has an on-going series Directors on Directors, where directors discuss a project together virtually, in great detail. This past month’s episode is not one to miss, featuring legendary director Spike Lee and Oliver Stone, on Da 5 Bloods.
23. Have you binged WandaVision yet? Check out actor Paul Bettany discussing his most legendary roles, with GQ.
24. Be sure to check out our acting tips video series with acting coach Howard Fine. Tune in for new videos every week!
Exercise / Meditation
25. Jeanette Jenkins from the Hollywood Trainer club and fitness host Anna Renderer are guaranteed to make you sweat in this 60-minute calorie-torching workout video.
27. For those working from home looking for an in-chair exercise to spice up your day, check out Hana Milly‘s YouTube channel. She has beginner-friendly chair workouts available.
28. Grillz and Granola have some fantastic online classes available. Starting at $12, you can access a series of live workouts from the comfort of your home.
29. Looking for a new exercise video? Check out the Body Project’s low impact, beginner, fat burning, home cardio workout.
30. Looking for a straightforward short vocal warm-up to help you prepare before auditions and performances? Jeannette Nelson offers some simple warm-ups you can do from home before any performance.