Casting Networks stands in solidarity with our Black colleagues, partners, clients, customers and communities. We strongly condemn all acts of racism, discrimination and senseless acts of violence. For those looking to take action against racial injustice, prior to reading our list of 31 at-home activities this month please see the following list of organizations dedicated to defeating systemic racism and promoting community health and safety.
Arts & Culture
1. Check out Discover Los Angeles’ #MagicHour, where you can join in daily for a livestream of the sun setting over Los Angeles.
3. Explore the current collection at The National Museum of Art, Architecture and Design, in Oslo, Norway. There are over 150 items in the collection to view thanks to Google Arts & Culture.
4. The Getty Center / The J. Paul Getty Museum may be temporarily closed due to COVID-19, but that doesn’t stop us from exploring selected works at ‘Mesopotamia: Civilization Begins’ and ‘Last Minute Michelangelo’ with Julian Brooks.
5. Interested in learning new cocktail recipes? Be sure to put on your dancing shoes and join Director/Actor Paul Feig for his daily Quarantine Cocktail Time!
7. Hoping to brush up on your cooking skills? Follow Massimo Bottura, chef and Italian restaurateur, who shares some of his kitchen secrets.
8. Bill Murray and Guy Fieri held a virtual nacho making competition to support the Restaurant Employee Relief Fund. You can find this on the Food Network Facebook page.
9. Do you miss crowds and theme parks? Do you want to feel what it’s like to go on a ride again? Jump over to CoasterForce’s YouTube page and ride Expedition Everest at Disney’s Animal Kingdom or ride on Disneyland’s Splash Mountain.
10. Join Dan Levy and Annie Murphy for Conversations at Home brought to you by the SAG-AFTRA Foundation.
11. A special performance from the American Ballet Theatre for Together Tonight is a must-see! This hour-long special includes performances and interviews for the ABT Crisis Relief Fund.
12. Catch up on the one-hour #NetflixIsAJoke Live Singing Contest, brought to you by the cast and creators of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.
13. Misty Copeland shared this moving video of 32 Ballerinas from 14 countries dancing together virtually to Le Cigne for #SwansForRelief.
14. See Mariah Carey sing ‘Through the Rain/Make It Happen’ for Rise Up New York.
15. Tune in to the NewFilmmakers Los Angeles Virtual Film Festival, June 5th – 7th, right here.
16. Get sucked into The Quarantine Show! One hundred percent of donations received go directly to the SAG-AFTRA Foundation’s COVID-19 Relief Fund.
17. Joseph Gordon-Levitt started ‘Create Together #WithMe’, featured on YouTube Originals.
19. Check out #intothewoodsinquarantine as they perform virtually in support of the Actors Fund, directed by Max Grossman.
20. A handful of YouTube Originals are available for a limited time!
21. If you missed out in April, the original cast of Legally Blonde came together for a new parody of “OMIGOD U GUYS!“
22. Looking for a good laugh? If you haven’t seen Kevin James as the ‘Sound Guy,’ make sure to check out his current series on YouTube.
25. Did you miss our Casting Networks Live Streams? Catch up on interviews with casting directors, talent representatives and acting coaches around the globe!
Exercise & Meditation
26. Hoping to explore? Join in on this Virtual Guided Meditation in Yosemite Valley with Headspace.
27. Work out with Mike Peele in this 30-Minute Hip-Hop Fit Workout with PopSugar Fitness.
28. Look no further! Find this 20-minute full-body workout, no equipment needed by Natacha Océane.
29. You can check out the app ‘FitOn’. It is free and comes with an excellent range of exercises based on your personal preferences – highly recommended!
30. Looking for a high energy dance workout? Check out #chakaboomfitness on YouTube. They have an excellent list of musical theatre dances for the family, including a fun dance to “You Can’t Stop the Beat” from Hairspray.
31. Make sure to follow Brittne Babe on Youtube and sweat up a storm trying out her ‘Best Plank Exercises‘ video.