It’s important during this time to stay productive, entertained and engaged. We’re providing you with a mixture of live performances, exercises, and fun virtual activities to explore throughout the month of July.
Art & Culture
1. Take an interactive tour at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture featuring 30,000+ treasured artifacts.
3. Take a deep dive into Black history and culture with Google Arts and Culture. In collaboration with NWHM, The Gordon Parks Foundation, NMAAHC and more, Google Arts and Culture provides free education from the past to inspire the future.
9. Bobby from Queer Eye goes through every renovation from all 4 Seasons of Queer Eye with Architectural Digest. Watch the episode for some of Bobby’s design secrets!
10. Google Arts and Culture’s LIFE Photo Collection allows people to browse photos from across the world from all eras.
11. YouTube has a handy “Learning” section which includes historical lessons, iconic places in African American history, recipes, body care and so much more. Explore now.
12. Watch this moving performance by Alex Newell and ensemble singing ‘I Know Where I’ve Been’ for the AIDS Walk New York, Live at Home.
13. Watch the cast of Broadway’s “Ain’t Too Proud — The Life and Times of the Temptations” performing the song “I Wish It Would Rain.”
16. In case you missed this in the month of June, watch 8:46 by Dave Chappelle.
18. The Creative Collective Initiative is a brand new program offering free classes for actors, dancers and performers worldwide. Check out their website for classes such as Voguing Class With Jason Andrew Guest, Casting for Print With Jody Furlong, Vocal Gym With Dan De Cruz and much more.
19. Trailer time! Check out the “Hamilton” film trailer, which will be airing exclusively on Disney+ on July 3rd, 2020.
20. Catch up on the Bear Witness, Take Action fundraiser hosted by Keke Palmer and Common. It features roundtable discussions and guest performances with the aim to raise awareness for the Equal Justice Initiative.
22. If you’re missing a concert this summer, tune in to the 2018 performance of Ibiza Classics live at The O2 Arena in London. Over an hour and a half of live-streamed performances from Pete Tong, Jules Buckley and Heritage Orchestra can be streamed for free.
23. Radiohead shared a live performance from 2008 for the #WithMe series. Check out this legendary performance live in Saitama!
Exercise & Meditation
25. Dance with PopSugar Fitness to this effective 30-Minute Cardio Latin Dance Workout.
26. Get your sweat on with The Body Project’s quick 30-minute fat burning work out that you can do in your living room!
28. Do you enjoy dancing to burn calories? Jump in with PopSugar Fitness and Nicole Steen for this 30 Minute Latin cardio dance workout!
29. Pick up this quick and fun dance workout by The Fitness Marshall! Get ready to sweat to “Me Too” by Meghan Trainor.
30. Headspace, an app designed to bring users useful meditation exercises, has a YouTube Channel with a variety of small mini-meditations. Make sure to check them out and download the app to learn more.
31. Orangetheory is now uploading new at-home 30-minute workout routines daily. You won’t need any special equipment, but the instructors do get creative and have you utilize objects you can find around the house like coffee jugs in lieu of weights.