It’s important during this time to stay productive, entertained and engaged. We’re providing you with a mixture of live performances, exercises, and fun virtual activities to explore throughout the month of August.
Art & Culture
1. The Art Assignment, in collaboration with PBS Digital Studios, explored recipes from artist Frida Kahlo in an informative and visually stunning video. Follow more videos by the Art Assignment, including one featuring recipes from surrealist artist Salvador Dali.
2. Hoping to try something new and challenge yourself in the kitchen? Learn how French baguettes are made in Paris and try making them yourself! Find the magic of how they are made here.
3. Looking for something calming? Join Explore.org and view a booming Tropical Reef. Explore.org offers numerous live cams of nature from a variety of countries.
5. Jet Tila breaks down his recipe for Lo Mein on the Food Network YouTube channel.
8. Learn about Commedia dell’Arte and the world of Commedia with Deborah May, presented by the National Theatre.
10. WhatsOnStage shared a capturing performance for #BLM of 150 West End and Broadway stars singing ‘Make Them Hear You‘ from Ragtime the Musical. A must Watch!
11. The SAG-AFTRA Foundation, along with Jenelle Riley from Variety, virtually met with Ramy Youssef and May Calamawy to discuss the first and second season of ‘Ramy.’
12. #BAFTAGuru presents a Q&A discussion with creator/actress Michaela Coel of ‘I May Destroy You.’ She is joined by actors Paapa Essiedu and Weruche Opia. Make sure to follow #BAFTAGuru and watch more exciting discussions (like Bong Joon Ho on writing Parasite).
13. The Philharmonia Orchestra in London performs Gustav Mahler’s monumental Third Symphony for the #withme #athome series.
14. Watch Regina King and Reese Witherspoon in an Actors on Actors conversation with Variety.
15. Who doesn’t love a Zoom reunion? Especially when it’s ‘Lord of the Rings!’ The cast discusses their best memories on set and quote memorable lines from the movies.
16. Entertainment Weekly presents ‘Scott Pilgrim vs. the World‘ reunion table read now available.
18. Have you been keeping up with Casting Networks’ Live Streams? If you’ve missed a session, you can join us directly via our YouTube channel to catch up on Q&As.
19. The Office Ladies Podcast goes into detail on some of our favorite moments and memories from ‘The Office.’ If you’re looking for more ‘Office’-focused content here is the final recorded table reading, which is sure to bring on a tear or two.
20. Pumped after watching ‘Hamilton’ on Disney+? Catch choreographer Andy Blankenbuehler walking through some of the show’s signature choreography. Then, jump to Wired’s YouTube channel to see an in-depth twitter Q&A with Daveed Diggs and the cast.
21. Ready to binge? Make sure to watch full sketches of #ABlackLadySketchShow featuring amazing guests and stand-up acting!
22. The Placing Faces podcast is an excellent resource for actors and those who are interested in or want to learn more about the casting process. Full episodes are available on YouTube and Stitcher and most recently feature casting director Jeff Greenberg.
23. Insider interviewed voice acting choices on How Actors Train Their Voices for Animated Movies. There are some great tips listed if you’re interested in furthering your VO craft.
24. For series ‘The Kissing Booth 2’ which released on Netflix in July, #TKBFanFest presented a virtual event hosted by Joey King and the cast of ‘The Kissing Booth 2′, as they hung out with fans and share secrets from set.
25. Comic-Con@Home 2020 shared the ‘Solar Opposites‘ panel discussion, including Justin Roiland, executive producers Mike McMahan and Josh Bycel and more. Check it out here!
Exercise & Meditation
26. Looking for an upbeat workout to do from home? Check out Emi Wong’s 10-minute KPOP Cardio Workout!
27. PopSugar brings us excellent exercises to do from home on a weekly basis. Join instructor Keaira Lashae as she teaches a 30-Minute Hip-Hop Tabata to burn calories.
28. Mike Peele is bringing the burn with his 30min Hip-Hop Fit Dance Workout which includes a special section on Ab workouts. Not one to miss!
29. The Creative Collective Initiative held an interview on mental health and anxiety, in which they interviewed Mary Burch BEM. Mary focuses on providing counseling for Industry creatives, including writers, producers and dancers. Not one to miss!
30. Hoping to find a morning ritual? This is a helpful quick 20-minute workout which focuses on stress and anxiety relief, brought by MadFit.
31. Looking for something longer and more relaxing? Healing Vibrations created a 3-hour mediation session, which you can do in the comfort of your home. There is plenty of content to explore on their channel!