We’re kicking off March in the right way, full of inspirational videos to keep you motivated and hone your craft. Check out our list of virtual performances, exercises, and activities to explore throughout the month of March.
Arts / Culture
1. Miss the theater? Get lost in the Performing Arts section of Google Arts and Culture. You can explore the Battersea Arts Centre, take a 360degree tour of the Royal Opera House in Mumbai and watch countless performance videos.
2. The Chamber Music Northwest is currently offering their 2020-2021 season available online to watch, as virtual concerts. You can purchase a single concert pass or all-access pass depending on how many internationally-renowned artists you wish to watch!
3. Why not play with art using your phone! Click the link here to transform yourself into an artwork.
4. Watch this special live performance of Symphonie fantastique, presented by the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, with Jader Bignamini as the conductor.
5. Google Arts and Culture have a database full of exciting activities, games tours, art and much more. Explore Indonesia, and view exhibitions at the Museum Nasional Indonesia and the Prambanan Temple. Enjoy!
7. Check out this special from the Metropolitan Opera, where they discuss the making of the At-Home Gala series. Peter Gelb, Yannick Nézet-Séguin and soprano Lisette Oropesa dive into how they overcame obstacles and challenges to present a one-of-a-king gala series for viewers at home.
Live Performances / Interviews
8. We love a good cast interview, and Marvel Studios has come in strong, interviewing the cast of WandaVision in this virtual Q&A! Make sure to check out the series on Disney+ too.
9. For this installment of Actors on Actors, SNL’s Pete Davidson talking with iconic actress Glenn Close. Watch the whole discussion here!
10. Back in January, Chris Pratt hosted a New Years Instagram telethon featuring stars like Tom Holland, Robert Downey Jr, Jamie Foxx and many more. Listen to some of your favorite celebrities’ in-depth discussions here.
13. At the 2020 Toronto International Film Festival, Director Regina King and cast Eli Goree, Kingsley Ben-Adir, Aldis Hodge, Leslie Odom, Jr. and Kemp Powers had a virtual conversation about the iconic feature film, One Night in Miami. A conversation not to miss!
14. Check out this fun quick video of actress Nicola Coughlan on the set of Netflix’s Bridgerton, as she takes us behind the scenes of a day in the life of production!
15. The National Theatre in London posted a quick YouTube video featuring Clint Dyer, Deputy Artistic Director. Make sure to check this out and learn more about Dyer, his favorite show at the National Theatre and much more.
16. The SAG-AFTRA Foundation continues its series Conversations at Home, featuring a Q&A with the cast of American Gods. Click here to see interviews with Ricky Whittle, Ian McShane, Emily Browning, Yetide Badaki, Bruce Langley, Omid Abtahi and Ashley Reyes!
17. Watch WIRED’s accent expert break down 17 performances where actors are playing real people.
18. Seeking some daily inspiration? Listen to this video full of Emmy nominated actors who will teach you how to make it in Hollywood, from training to memorizing lines.
19. Are you a fan of Tom Hiddleston? Check out this in-depth interview hosted by BAFTA New York where he discusses his career on screen as well as on stage and dives into his past Shakespearean roles.
20. Ready to see Dune? While we’re waiting for its October release date, check out this cast Q&A with stars Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Oscar Isaac, Josh Brolin, Jason Momoa, Zendaya, Javier Bardem and Sharon Duncan.
21. Love the Batman movies? Check out the Insider series Pro Acting Coach, where acting coaches break down iconic performances. In this video, Anthony Gilardi is breaking down 12 Batman villain performances!
22. Looking for a glimpse into the casting world? Look no further! Renowned UK casting director Dan Hubbard shares secrets and insights from his experience casting projects such as King Kong, Captain Phillips, Angel Has Fallen, Hellboy and many more.
23. Watch this Vanity Fair interview with director and screenwriter Lulu Wang as she compares the first and final drafts of The Farewell.
Exercise / Meditation
26. Looking for a home workout you can do with the whole family? Look no further, Little Sports has you covered.
27. Learn from the pros when it comes to vocal warm-ups for actors! Jeannette Nelson, the Head of Voice at the National Theatre, has a vocal warmup you can do from the comfort of your home.
29. Selena Trevino has an everyday at-home workout *self-quarantine edition* where you can draw some in-house inspiration for your daily routine.
30. Dive in and check out some more chair exercises, you can do from home with no equipment! Here is a quick 10-minute seated cardio workout, great for those who have injuries or are looking for a quick toning workout.
31. If you’re looking for a high-intensity at-home workout, try this cardio kickboxing video, brought to you by Lilly Sabri. This exercise will get you sweating for 20 full minutes!