Ready for a deep dive into some new ventures for the month of May? Keep reading to check out our list of virtual performances and interviews, workouts and activities to explore every day this month.
Arts / Culture
1. Space you say? Dive into space and explore the international space station. Take a virtual 360-degree tour of the entire international space station!
3. Are you a fan of street art? Dive into numerous street art series ranging from 1970 to the present.
Live Performances / Interviews
9. Watch actors America Ferrera, Ben Feldman, Mark McKinney, Lauren Ash and the rest of the Superstore cast and crew for a special table read of the series finale!
11. In this TEDx talk, actor and creator Joseph Gordon-Levitt talks about how craving attention makes you less creative. Check it out here. Then, circle to this next video featuring actor Ethan Hawke who talks about giving yourself permission to get creative.
12. Check out this GQ video where Seth Rogen breaks down his most iconic movies!
13. Back in December, members of the Metropolitan Opera gathered together on the steps of The Metropolitan Museum to sing for the first time since the wake of the pandemic. Catch this special live performance here, organized by NYCNext.
14. Watch Hulu’s Defining Moments with OZY: Dominique Jackson, from the actress and model known for her captivating performance in POSE on FX, available on YouTube.
15. Ever wondered what it’s like behind the scenes of Saturday Night Live? Check out this video from a few years back, where they dive into creating an episode of SNL, featuring current director Don Roy King.
16. This may be a short clip, but it’s a great audition story! Check out the story behind actress Stephanie Beatriz’s audition for her role in Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
17. NPR Tiny Desk Concert never disappoints when you’re looking for some incredible artists to listen to. Watch Leslie Odom Jr sing three tracks here, then have a deep dive on all past performances via their YouTube page.
19. From The Joker to Cat Woman, check out pro acting coach Anthony Gilardi break down these famous villain batman performances.
20. Insider is giving us all the behind-the-scenes looks from 15 blockbuster films. Check out this video including some behind-the-scenes footage from Aladin to The Lion King. Then move onto Insider’s video explaining how Pixar’s movement animation looks so realistic!
21. Harper’s BAZAAR presents some pretty epic virtual series with numerous award nominees. Check out this quick virtual interview with Alan S. Kim and Yuh-Jung Youn in which they answer all your burning questions and discuss the feature film, Minari.
22. Watch this little teaser video available from the Off Camera show featuring the amazing actress Constance Wu, who’s discussing her connection with her character Rachel Chu in Crazy Rich Asians. Don’t forget to then take a closer look at the vidoes via YouTube, as Sam Jones interviews influential talent discussing their careers.
23. Did you catch the movie Yes Day on Netflix featuring Jennifer Garner, Jenna Ortega and Edgar Ramírez? Once you’ve seen it, check out this exclusive behind-the-scenes video showing us the epic car wash scene and many more.
24. Dive into this British GQ video featuring the incredible Tom Holland as he discusses working on his American accent and preparing for his most recent role in Cherry.
25. If you didn’t watch Raised by Wolves last year, here is your chance! HBOMax has the first episode available on YouTube and it’s worth the watch. Then, explore their YouTube page as they offer the first episodes from many shows like Warrior and Love Life.
Exercise / Meditation
26. If you haven’t explored the Calm YouTube channel, have a deep dive today! They have excellent videos including deep breathing exercises and a full series featuring LeBron James on training your mind.
27. Are your handheld weights gathering dust? Here is a quick 20-minute strength training video presented by PopSugar which you can do in the comfort of your home!
28. Get your dancing shoes out and try this online dance class for beginners to the epic song “Don’t Start Now” by Dua Lipa.
29. Yoga with Bird has a quick 10-minute yoga which is guaranteed to give you the full-body stretch you’re looking for!
30. Relax and unwind before bedtime with this calming sound bath, catered specifically for sleep.
31. Looking to push yourself to the limit? Try this workout featuring explosive push-ups, swats, bear crawls and more! Get ready to sweat here.