It’s important during this time at home to stay productive and entertained. Below is a mixture of live performances, exercises, and fun virtual activities to explore throughout the month of May!
Arts & Culture
2. Learn new cooking techniques at home with Gordon Ramsay as he cooks dinner in 10 minutes. Videos include homemade burgers, lamb chops, and stir fry!
3. Looking to enhance your audition skills and learn how to put your best face forward? If so, CameraLeft and ASG Casting are putting on some excellent virtual classes that teach vital auditioning information, all from the comfort of your home.
4. Wagamama is promoting new cooking-from-home classes. The first of the series featured a class on how to make homemade Katsu Curry.
6. The Hubble Space Telescope, which NASA launched 30 years ago, released a portal online that allows you to see an image of stars, planets, and galaxies captured on your birthday. Check it out!
7. Looking for cooking inspiration? Checking out Antoni Porowski’s Instagram page for some excellent tips and cooking tutorials.
8. Just keep swimming! Explore.Org has a live Tropical Fish stream based in Long Beach, California, USA.
10. Make sure to check out the National Theatre’s website for more details on weekly performances.
11. The Disney Family Singalong is available on the ABC app, filled with family-focused performances by a star-studded lineup.
13. Catch Paul Clarkson, who played Harry in the original cast of Mamma Mia 21 years ago, reenact his role, lip syncing with his family in the kitchen!
14. NewFilmmakers Los Angeles (NFMLA) is holding a virtual event on May 7th with award-winning filmmaker Rachel Goldberg, on directing for TV. Sign up now!
17. Catch up on The Dutch National Opera & Ballet performance of Tosca, which aired live for home viewers on Sunday, April 19th.
19. In case you missed watching on Easter, catch up on Andrea Bocelli’s live performance of ‘Ave Maria’.
21. Watch Andrew Lloyd Webber perform ‘All I Ask of You’ from ‘Phantom of the Opera’ on his piano at home.
22. Love Dr. Seuss and looking for something to brighten your day? Check out Wes Tank on YouTube. He reads Dr. Seuss classics like ‘Green Eggs and Ham,’ ‘Fox in Sox,’ and more!
23. Relax to a special performance of Jonathan Biss and The Elias String Quartet at Carnegie Hall Live.
24. Enjoy classic operas from the couch! The Phantom of the Opera on the West End shared a musical remote performance of ‘Masquerade’ and Dream Girls went live for a special performance of ‘One Night Only.’
Exercise & Meditation
26. Join Day 1 of the 30 day Yoga challenge! Try out these calming 10-Minute Morning Yoga Stretches for beginners.
27. Enjoy some bodyweight workouts at home! Follow these helpful graphics by Elemental Medium.
28. Looking for more virtual meditation classes? Check out the Puget Sound Seekers, who hold a free sound bath Saturday mornings.
29. Warm-up with Nicole Pearce’s 5-Minute Warm-Up for At-Home Workouts.
30. Check out this dance routine by Ava Chappell Choreography. The routine can be tweaked for all levels!
31. Join Ernst Meisner, artistic coordinator of the Junior Coat at the Dutch National Ballet, for a Ballet Barre 1 class.